Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mia - Month 4

Written by Mia: Thurs, July 3, 2008
Hi Everyone...

This was another really busy month. My busiest yet actually....

Only a few days after my 3 month birthday, Mommy and Daddy brought me to the mall to get my ears pierced. I was a very good girl. I only screamed a little bit and it was just because the lady scared me with the sound of the piercing gun. I was fine minutes afterward and have had no problems letting mommy clean my ears. Plus I think they make me look really pretty.

On June 1st, I was baptized in my church, in New Maryland. My uncle Matt and aunt Metaxia are my godparents. I got to visit with some family and got some really nice presents. I especially liked my lamb who says a prayer. Mommy plays it every night when we do my bedtime prayers.

As for 'regular' life, I've become a lot more interactive. I really don't like to sit still anymore. On June 19, 2008 I rolled over for the first time, twice in a row actually. Mommy was so happy, she actually got some pictures of my very first roll over! Mommy and Daddy got me a jolly jumper this month. It's my favorite!!! I could spend hours in it. I'm a very good jumper. I also got an excersaucer but I'm still a little too small for that. I think I just need practice though. Mommy brought me swimming for the first time in a really big pool. It was a lot of fun. The lifeguard thought I had a pool at home because I was such a good swimmer. I kicked my feet and flailed my arms!

Mommy is very proud of me because I am now sleeping through the nights. I usually go to sleep between 9 and 10 and wake up around 7 or 8, just to have a snack, then I go back to sleep for another hour or two. Mommy says she's getting more rest now than she has in years!!!

I had my doctors appointment and I am a very healthy baby. I have met all of my 4 month milestones. I can now smile, follow you with my eyes, talk (baby talk of course), I just started giggling, I like to grab my toes, I love to grab toys and put them in my mouth, I lift my head up when I'm on my belly, I roll over from my belly to my back and have gone from my back to my belly twice. Mommy says I'm a lot of fun now. I also got weighed and measured at my doctors appointment. I weigh 13 lbs and measured 25 inches. Mommy was sure I weighed more than that!!! She says I am getting to be very heavy. I think it's just the car seat that makes me heavy.

That's about all I have to say for now. I'm excited for this month. Mommy's friend Ellen had a baby girl, Anja, and so I get to play with her now.

Hope you all have a very happy month of July!!!

Love,

Mia

No comments: