Written by Mia: Tue, 27 May 2008
Hi Everyone...
Well, yesterday I turned 3 months old. Wow how time flies. Mommy says I'm a whole new baby compared to the baby I was 3 months ago. I didn't have a doctors appointment this month, so Mommy weighed me at home and took my measurements, so these are approximates. I weigh about 12lbs 3oz and I measure about 23 1/2 inches. Mommy was really surprised to see that's all I measured. My feet are already hanging out of my car seat so she thought for sure I was measuring much longer. Mommy and Daddy are shopping around for a big girl car seat for me, one of the 3 in 1's that I can use until I'm about 4 years old. That's exciting!
I've been a very good girl lately. Mommy is happy that I finally have a pretty good schedule. I go to sleep around 10pm every night. Sometimes in Mommy or Daddy's arms or sometimes in my crib. Then Mommy or Daddy put me in my crib and I sleep till about 3:30-4:00am. I wake up because I'm really hungry. Then after I eat I usually fall a sleep right away or (sometimes I fall a sleep eating). Then I usually wake up around 6 or 7am. That's my favorite time cause I get to go in bed with Mommy and Daddy. Daddy gets up at 7am for work, so then I take his spot and then I let Mommy sleep until about 9 or 10am. Then we're both well rested so we can play all day. I also take naps late morning and in the afternoon and sometimes one in the early evening. Mommy says I'm doing really well with naps, because she can put me down in my crib or playpen, and if I'm tired I will sleep. If not, I'll just talk to myself until she comes to get me.
I have developed a bad habit that Mommy and Daddy really don't like though...I'm sucking my thumb. I started off sucking my fist, but that's getting too big for my mouth. My thumb is just perfect and it's just like my soother! Plus, sometimes I lose my soother and sucking calms me down and relaxes me, so my thumb is really the perfect thing! If I'm sitting with Mommy or Daddy, I'll grab their fingers and put them in my mouth. Mommy tried to give me a really cold toy to put in my mouth, she called it a teether...I don't know what that was, but I didn't want it at all.
A few things I'm really enjoying now are my swing, my playpen with the vibration turned on, a small music player that has pretty lights, the mobile in my crib, my glow worm and I love going for walks in my stroller and drives in the car. I really like it when Mommy sings and reads to me too. At night time when Mommy and Daddy are in the living room, I like sitting on their laps facing out, so I can see everything going on. Sometimes if I'm laying down, I pull my head up so that they can help me sit up to see everything. Mommy says I don't like to sit a whole lot though, cause every time she tries to make me sit, I stand. If Mommy and Daddy are holding me I can stand up nice and straight now and hold my weight up. Mommy says she can't wait for me to get full head control so that she can put me in a jolly jumper. I don't know what that is, but I bet it's fun!
I don't like belly time as much as I used to. Mom is making me do it a bit more than before. I usually grunt a lot then start to cry. She says I need to do it for exercise and usually she lies down with me. Sometimes that helps, but sometimes I just don't want to.
I notice Molly a lot now. Molly doesn't seem to be very interested in me though. Sometimes Mommy or Daddy will call her over so I can pet her, but sometimes Molly won't come close enough for me to reach. I think we'll be good friends when I get older.
Mommy's been buying me a lot of summer clothes. I was needing some clothes because I outgrew a lot of the ones I had. Mommy says I'm a big girl, cause now I wear size 3-6 months and some 6-9 months. Mommy bought me a new jumper the other day and it's already too short! She says it's because my legs are so long. I also got a pair of sandals in size 1. They're still a little big, but I think they'll fit me really well for the summer time.
Mommy and Daddy are bringing me to get my ears pierced this week. I'm excited. Then on Sunday I have my Baptism. Mommy made me try on my pretty white dress. I liked kicking in it and laughed when the dress fell on my face. Mommy said she'll be sure to take a lot of pics to show everyone that can't make it.
I guess that's about all I have to say for this month.
I hope everyone is doing very well. Lot's of hugs and baby kisses!
Mia
(I wrote this with Mommy's help, I can't type yet!)
No comments:
Post a Comment