Mia had her 1 month check on April 3, 2008 (it was a week late because our doctor was on vacation). Mia now weighede 9lbs 4oz and measured about 23 inches. She got her second Hepatitis B shot and I must say, handled it quite well. Mia was a little cranky for our appointment because she was hungry but it sure didn't stop everyone at the doctors office to get in some cuddling. I'm sure every person there got a turn to walk up and down the hall with her. I was a proud Mama, watching as everyone bragged her up. I certainly couldn't disagree with any of their compliments!
I really can't get over how fast time flies, I mean already she's 5 1/2 weeks. She's changed so much it's hard to believe!!! We're starting to get a little interaction from her. She started smiling about a week ago. She has a dimple on her left cheek, so cute! Hopefully I'll be able to get a good picture sometime soon. She loves playing on her play mat. She's started to "talk" on it, and I just love hearing her. Nothing like the sound of a baby's voice (when they aren't screaming). Every once in a while she'll squeal or coo on her play mat and it scares her and she starts to cry. So funny. Her sneezes are as cute as ever. If you didn't hear, she does about 6-8 sneezes in a row and then lets out a huge Ahhhhhhh at the end, it's just adorable.
She's getting better and better with daily routines. She used to scream bloody murder when I would change her, and now she only screams about 1 out of 4 times. Not bad... Actually when I'm talking to her while I'm changing her, that's usually when I get the CUTEST smiles. She's getting better with baths too. I just need to keep it QUICK. We crank the heat in the bathroom and usually she's ok. She screams but not half as much as before. Her clothes finally fit, so we've ventured outside of sleeper world. Makes it so fun to get her ready in the morning.
I've been keeping her busy. We've signed up for a 10 week Me and My Mom program that will teach us all kinds of things like baby massage, baby sign language, how to introduce baby to solids when it comes time, etc. We also get play time with the other babies at the end. It's lot's of fun. We've also been shopping a few times. She loves the car and her stroller. It makes it nice for me to get out of the house and I love showing her off too.
She still loves to be held. She's such a cuddlebug...no complaints here! Luckily she's comfortable in her play pen so I can set her down in there from time to time (ie bathroom break) or if she falls a sleep I can put her in there. We need to work on me putting her in there awake and her falling a sleep...that has yet to happen.
All in all we're all very happy! We're loving every minute with her. She truly is our little princess.
Here are a few pictures from her first 5 weeks of life...

No comments:
Post a Comment