Monday, December 1, 2008

Mia - 9 months old

So Mia officially turned 9 months old last week. Where has the time gone? I took a moment to reflect on the last 9 months. WOW. So much has happened. I don't even recall a life before now. She's my everything. I am SO happy she came into our lives. She really is everything we ever dreamed of.

She's a growing girl now...and I realized that there's things that have already come and gone and things that I miss. I'm not sure we would say that's baby fever, cause I don't quite think we're ready for another. It does however make me realize how important it is to cherish everyday for what it is. So I made a few lists...

TOP FIVE THINGS I ALREADY MISS (at Mia's 9 month birthday)
1. I miss her gummy smile
2. I miss her cute singing in church (as opposed to her loud squealing she does now)
3. I miss how she would snuggle on our chest to go to sleep
4. I miss nursing
5. I miss snuggling in bed in the morning (without her pulling my hair and crawling all over me, although that's fun too)

TOP FIVE THINGS I LOVE (at Mia's 9 month birthday)
1. I love watching her crawl and explore, seeing the determination in her eyes.
2. I love making her laugh. The really fun belly laughs.
3. I love hearing her say Mom-mom-mom even if she doesn't necessarily mean me.
4. I love given her tiny pieces of random foods for her to try, and see the faces she makes.
5. I love seeing her play with Molly, who may still be trying to figure her out.

TOP FIVE THINGS MIA LOVES (at her 9 month birthday)
1. She loves her prayer lamb. Every night we say bedtime prayers and when I push his hoof/paw she smiles from ear to ear and hugs him tightly.
2. She loves her bunny bear, she snuggles with him at naptimes and bedtime.
3. She LOVES Cheerios. She already knows the box and starts freaking out when she sees it.
4. She loves to crawl around. Explore. Reach for things she shouldn't reach for.
5. She loves people. She loves attention. She loves it when anyone and everyone talks to her.

A side from lists I do have a few milestones to report. Mia is pulling herself up. Mostly just up onto her knees, but she's pulled herself up to her feet a few times now. She seems to desperately want to stand up (When she's crawling she pushes herself up, but can't seem to manage to get her whole self standing). She's REALLY fast...I'm taking speedy Gonzales when she's crawling. She sees something she wants, she's gone. She had a third tooth coming in. Strange thing. It came out for a day then went back in. Both teeth are just inside the gum line. So cruel to such a helpless little person. But now she can sing "All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth..." Heck, we're singing it for her! :) Her hair is slowly growing but we're still lacking in that department. :) I'm sure she'll get some eventually. She loves the Christmas tree. She loves Christmas bags. She loves Christmas lights. We went to the Santa Clause parade and she was mesmerized by all the lights.

We had our doctors appointment this morning. Mia weighs 18lbs 6oz (I thought she was WAY more than that) and she measures 28.5 inches. She also got two needles and didn't even shed a single tear. That's my girl. :)

Anyways...I guess that's all I have to say for now. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to post it. We really need to get a bit more video of her. I'll try to get on that and upload a few clips of her crawling around. Before you know it she'll be running around so I better capture all I can now.

Hope you all have a safe and happy month of December!

No comments: